A Journey with Love and Laughter

Read about our family as we journey through life as a family, with siblings, school and spina bifida, and lots of fun and laughter along the way!

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Just another trip to the zoo!
Oh! But look who we ‘bumped’ into?! That little face looks familiar! We got to visit with our blogging SB mommy Jill and her rockstar Kingsley! (Oh and Jeff, Rachel and Cordelia)

I was really nice and actually surreal to visit with someone that you have been reading about for such a long time. And finally meet in person!

It's almost as if we can almost jump in the middle of a conversation, because we DO know each other. Blogs are very personal and you can learn alot about each other through blogging and commenting. But I've already discussed what belonging to our community means to me.

And it was great talking in the same language. Discussing our own goals and plans. Comparing scars - and yes our kids are going to hate us doing that (eventually).


There was more. There was accepting that our kids are wearing their braces, and that they are staying in their wagon/stroller or being carried, that we make time to make sure they are out of their seat for time too.
And of course there is nothing like seeing that bright smile and shiny eyes in person!

Katheryn made some new friends too. After a bit of warm up time.
But soon the girls were building sand castles, and running around and comparing little brothers!
Nickolas and Kingsley are about 2 months apart, and Katheryn and Cordelia are about 2 months apart. Jill just has an extra kid! So they played well together.


We saw lots of animals, enjoyed the weather and the outdoor air. No one got (too) lost, and there were some minor meltdowns, but I think everyone left on a high note. And slept well in the car!





Hoping this is just the first of many visits!
All of you SB Mommy's are invited!!!

5 comments:

  1. So fun!! Oh I wish I could have been there too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man oh man!! I saw your pic on facebook and squealed! How FUN! I'm so glad you guys got to meet up. There is truly nothing like meeting our SB momma friends and their babies! I hope to meet you both and your kiddos some day! Maybe you'll make a last minute decision to come to the conference in a few weeks?? lol. Love the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun!! I love meeting other special moms :)

    And guess what...my Nat (who is going to be 11 in a few weeks) now asks anyone he meets with SB if he can share scars with them.. so they might not hate you, they might jsut make the habitt their own :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi
    my name is Jenna and I came across your site. Ur son is an amazing courageous, strong, and determined fighter. He is a brave warrior, smilen champ and an inspirational hero. I am from Kamloops BC. Canada. I was born with a rare life threatening disease and I love it when others sign my guestbook. www.miraclechamp.webs.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you guys had fun! It's brilliant meeting up with other sb mums and kids!

    ReplyDelete