A Journey with Love and Laughter

Read about our family as we journey through life as a family, with siblings, school and spina bifida, and lots of fun and laughter along the way!

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Almost there...



So we have a new date - Friday November 13. The lucky Friday the 13th.
I was a little upset when they called the change the date - not because of the 13th, but I thought it wasn't supposed to be a Friday to make it easier for Sick Kids. So I emailed a bunch of people including the neurosurgeon and a coordinator at Mt Sinai. Everyone assures me there isn't a problem with delivering on a Friday. So here we are.

The countdown is on. Less than 24 hours to go. I'm more nervous than excited. I don't think I'll be excited until after his surgery and we're into the countdown for him coming home. But this puts us on step closer.

The nursery is done! Clothes are put away, decals are up, paint is dried, floor is down, crib is together. It looks great! Exactly how I pictured it. Katheryn keeps trying to 'move in'. She keeps bringing clothes into his room! We also moved her rocking chair in there, so she keeps trying to climb on that (which she totally ignored when it was in her room).

So all the bags are packed. Care for Katheryn and Sammie are arranged. Important numbers are written down and we have a bunch of stuff and food for the hospital stay.
I think we are as ready as we can be.

Stay tuned!
Laura will update this weekend and hopefully we'll get some pictures up.
For now please just wish us luck and keep us in your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment