A Journey with Love and Laughter

Read about our family as we journey through life as a family, with siblings, school and spina bifida, and lots of fun and laughter along the way!

Monday, December 13, 2010

Out come the scissors!

Someone was in need of a haircut!
When it started to go below the eyebrows - I knew we were in trouble! So out came the google search engine. I really didn't want to screw this up. I was very nervous about becoming a hairdresser for the first time. But also excited to add those first locks to my baby journal!


 Hair cut in progress.
Had to bring out some big toys to play with. Nick was much more interested in looking at what I was doing! (Funny fact - I had to crop out this picture - when I posted it here I noticed that Katheryn was jumping up and down on the couch naked)
  

Still in progress - note the blanket on the back of the chair (the one meant to be used as a cape to keep the hair off the clothes). Now note all the hair on Nick's pj's.


All done!


I guess I should say 99% done - I spent all evening touching it up - including the lock right in the middle of his forehead! I did take a bit more than I thought I would off.

Then it was Katheryn's turn!
I did say that this was the first time I had done this. Yup this is Katheryn's first haircut too. She's only 2 1/2+ I guess it's time to take the tiniest little bit off! (I think I took about an inch - maybe less)


I did not get an after shot of Katheryn. She was too traumatized and needed some Daddy cuddles.
I was a little worried that cutting Katheryn's hair would take away her beautiful ringlets. But I'm happy to say that is not the case.

So there are all the fresh cut kids!

Actually I cut Kyle's hair the week before.


And everyone is safely recovered the next day. Ready to show off their super cute new do!

2 comments:

  1. Nice job! I'm jealous!! My kids are the slowest hair growers in the world (hence my spazz when Rachel cut her own hair last spring). Cordelia still has not had a hair cut (or need one) and King is pretty far from needing one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! Adorable! You are braver than I my friend. :) Jet's had 3 haircuts already but NOT by me! :) They look great! Good job!

    ReplyDelete