A Journey with Love and Laughter

Read about our family as we journey through life as a family, with siblings, school and spina bifida, and lots of fun and laughter along the way!

Thursday, September 1, 2016

Planning for Halloween

We start thinking of Halloween really early. And while the beginning of September may seem early, really it has been since last Halloween. But now that it is September, it is time to get to work.

Nick is going to be Darth Vader this year.
Simple, I thought, we will make his wheelchair into a tie fighter. (We do a wheelchair costume because if we plan on walking Nick gets tired quickly).

This was my idea for his chair. And I've been collecting supplies for it through the summer. Pretty simple I thought.
 
And then I googled Darth Vader's tie fighter and realized that it was different!
 

OK, no problem we can still do this. I just need to figure out how to make it bend.


When we were at Easter Seals Camp we were talking about Halloween and Nick told someone he was going to have the Death Star.
I said that isn't what he is going to have, but that is a FANTASTIC idea!
And so then I started thinking!

I took some pictures so that I could photo-shop my idea to see if it was possible.


And I think I can do this!


 This is my inspiration!


No I just need to order my supplies! I am so excited to get started on this!
And if I have time, I will do the tie-fighter for Nick's walker!

I also talked to Katheryn about her costume, she wants to be Elsa again, but this time Ice Queen Elsa. We looked at a bunch of different dresses (on E-bay) and she found one she likes, and I ordered a wig and we will get some other supplies for her. So Katheryn is happy too

No comments:

Post a Comment