A Journey with Love and Laughter

Read about our family as we journey through life as a family, with siblings, school and spina bifida, and lots of fun and laughter along the way!

Thursday, April 28, 2011

That feeling...

I have that feeling. That feeling that all is well and good in the world.

I think it is a combination of the beautiful weather I sometimes can catch between the rain clouds. That Nick is on track and doing some work and we are seeing progress, Katheryn is blooming into a big girl, and I haven't been too crazy busy. Oh and we've been essentially illness-free for the last month or so!

But here it is.
Happiness.

The belief that everything is right in the world and that we are right where we are supposed to be.

Too often sometimes I write about things that are bothering me, as an outlet for the negatives of spina bifida (or just life in general). But here I am, here we are. In a really good place.
I don't really know what has changed, probably nothing. Yes we still has the issues we will always have (constipation, worry about the future, fitting PT in daily life, fights with insurance companies, sleeping, eating, cooking, ect).

I've also been working on my Spirit Wheel Walk Run and have been spreading information about spina bifida and showing off my beautiful kid! I've actually had a couple people say - he doesn't look like he has spina bifida. EXACTLY!
It gives me a great feeling.

But today, right now and for the foreseeable future - we are perfect, we are happy, we are here.


(and fyi - that is a sunburn that Nick has on his face - bad mommy didn't even realize the sun can burn in April! I had one too)

4 comments:

  1. I've been feeling the same!! Things are just going well! The girls are great, Kingsley is moving in leaps and bounds (and all forward!) and things are just calm and good. It's a nice feeling. No stress, no panic, no fear. Just life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear it! I love happy news!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you are blessed to be in that Happy place!! I am seeking it under the mountains of stress right now! I will bask in your happiness for a few more seconds... thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete