A Journey with Love and Laughter

Read about our family as we journey through life as a family, with siblings, school and spina bifida, and lots of fun and laughter along the way!

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Kindergarten Katheryn

Katheryn is going into Kindergarten in September.
She is so excited!
She is so ready!

She is miss-independent


We have a whole list of things we have to get used to through the summer; snack time, labelling, healthy lunches, early bed time, indoor shoes and outdoor shoes...
We just need to get used to some peanut-free products


 Last night Kyle and I went to the Kindergarten-information day
We learned more about the full-day kindergarten program in Ontario
And we really liked what school we are sending Katheryn to - it has the same feel as the school that Kyle and I went to.


They showed alot of pictures about the program and what they do with play based learning
And I just know that Katheryn will have no problems adjusting to this new phase in her life, she is so inquisitive!


I'm reasonably sure that mommy will not have many problems adjusting to the new phase in Katheryn's life. I don't think that I'll have difficulty in September on that first day of school.

Beyond of course, that she's starting school! No longer at home, only March breaks and summer vacations to be at home with us so often. A new stage... No turning back. School!
OK I'm good now.


I'm not worried about the actual curriculum, we didn't get to explore half day kindergarten or different types of curriculum (other than many years ago when Kyle and I were in kindergarten - then all I remember was how big people were).
I'm actually excited about it. It looks fun and alot like what Katheryn currently does in daycare - and a little bit like what Nickolas does in conductive education.



 While we were sitting in the library and learning about everything we need to know about kindergarten and all I could think was - what will it be like for Nickolas next year?!
Of course I feel guilty, this is about Katheryn, not Nick. But Nickolas is going to be following next year, and we are going to start kindergarten registration/information in November to get them lots of time to make everything appropriate for Nickolas and whatever additional supports he would need.


So that's what is giving me a heavy feeling in my stomach as we are getting Katheryn all ready and excited for kindergarten. That Katheryn will transition no problem, but I'm just imagining all the problems we will have next year with our next kindergarten registration information day.
And I'm not even getting into the school bus (potential) issues!
I think that will have to be another post. I've been told and reassured that it is fun riding a school bus. But every time we start talking school bus for Katheryn, I still think about what kind of bus will Nick need to ride in?
Where do I have to get him so he can ride the school bus with Katheryn next year...

No comments:

Post a Comment