A Journey with Love and Laughter

Read about our family as we journey through life as a family, with siblings, school and spina bifida, and lots of fun and laughter along the way!

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Perspective

I was watching the Olympics yesterday – like everyone else and saw an interview with Alex Bilodeau, who won the gold medal for men’s freestyle moguls. He says that his brother, born with cerebral palsy was his inspiration. That his brother put everything into perspective. It made me tear up.

Sometimes I worry about the impact Nickolas’ spina bifida will have on Katheryn’s life. But then it got me thinking, the spina bifida isn’t holding us (any of us) back, it’s pushing us forward.

1 comment:

  1. I worry about this too, great example and reminder for all of us!!!!

    ReplyDelete