A Journey with Love and Laughter

Read about our family as we journey through life as a family, with siblings, school and spina bifida, and lots of fun and laughter along the way!

Friday, February 5, 2010

Nothing Much...


Not much news to say. We are definitely in some kind of routine. And Nickolas is sleep well at night. We have an early bedtime, not like Katheryn miss night-time! He's usually asleep by 8:30, sometimes I put him down (on his belly - I think his incision still bothers him if he's on his back too long) he lets out this squeal! I'm not ready yet!! So we cuddle or I feed him a bit more and he's good.

We had a visit from infant development, this is a government public health feature. We had a good first visit and I'm excited that she seems very helpful. It is family centered so we get to make our own goals and go from there. She also had alot of information about resources and everything we are eligible because of his diagnosis (I hate saying disability).
We also had a good rapport, which is important. I'm hoping to get activities and stuff to do with Nickolas so that we make sure he is on track developmentally - or know where he is and what improvements he is making. Another person to help me know what I'm supposed to be doing. You'd think as a nurse and a second time mom I'd feel more confident. But not really. I'm afraid of missing something!

Katheryn is eating like a horse!!! Finally got her appetite back after the Norwalk flu we had a couple of weeks ago. I'm running out of different foods that she will eat. But try to give her vegetables or something new and she won't even touch it (So how do we know she likes it or not).

Tonight is Shannen's bachelorette party and we are going to a bar. This is the first time I've left the 2 of them for an extended period of time. I'll feed him and then should be home for 2am or so (so really only 6 hours). But it's also my first night of freedom in a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment