A Journey with Love and Laughter

Read about our family as we journey through life as a family, with siblings, school and spina bifida, and lots of fun and laughter along the way!

Friday, March 11, 2011

Toot my own horn!

This last week made me realize how well I did with fundraising last year!

I received a letter saying that I was a top seller of our SB&H calenders - with 68 calenders sold! Now I did not sell all of these calenders, my family helped alot and Centennial College has been a big supporter of my fundraising - with my mother Gwenda Bartley being a driving force behind fundraising in her workplace!

If you have no idea what I'm talking about - here is where I posted about the yearly TGIF calenders that the Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus Association of Ontario have been selling. All proceeds go to the association (which has helped me so much with information and support) and the calender sales made $50,000! Along with 2,500 calenders that help people to understand what spina bifida and hydrocephalus look like!
I am so proud to be a part of that!

I also received a new registration for this years Spirit Wheel Walk Run. I have a tab at the top about last years walk. This walk was the first time I'd organized something like that, and I was astounded by how much we personally raised ($2734) and how easy it was to do. Pretty much we got a group of people together and just walked somewhere. We had matching shirts and a banner and had a good time for a great cause. Of course I blogged about out day here

I really felt we were putting a face to spina bifida that day!
And I was written up in a local paper. This was also in a special edition of our SB&H magazine (where we were on the front page!) This covered the original article in the paper. It was followed up in the Winter 2011 issue. It covered alot of the stories of the walkers - but I'm tooting my own horn!
When we got our registration pamphlet for the 2011 SWWR - who's picture is in the pamphlet? That's right - our group picture!

There was never any doubt about participating this year. I'm already thinking of what date would be best. But it's really nice to see our pictures! I kinda feel famous!


3 comments:

  1. YAY!!! I got that too and have it sitting right here... I want to do something this year and was going to ask you for tips/info on how to get it happening. Sheesh! THat's a lot of calendars! Here I thought I was doing great selling 14! :p I have yet to win anything though... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, that is amazing! Good luck on your event this year

    ReplyDelete