A Journey with Love and Laughter

Read about our family as we journey through life as a family, with siblings, school and spina bifida, and lots of fun and laughter along the way!

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Six Questions

Jill tagged me to do these questions last month.
I thought it was a cute idea, cut and pasted the questions here.... and left them for a month.
So better late than never! Here we are!

1. Is this how you imagined your life would be?
No, it is so much better.
I didn't really imagine what my life would be like growing up (beyond children), but I know that I am exactly where I am supposed to be. No doubt.

2. What's your drink of choice when out with girlfriends?
Tea. Definitely tea. I have a whole cupboard full of team.
Oh, do you mean out with the girls at a bar? Hmm I can't really remember that far back

3. What hobbies do you have that you don't mention in your blog?
I don't have very many hobbies right now, I try to write in my journal a little different from my blog, but that has fallen away in the last couple of months (I started when I got pregnant with Katheryn).
I love history and geneology.
I have all kinds of files and census's and certificates and can go back to about 1839 for some of my family, longer for Kyle's. There is a whole gedcom file online somewhere with my thousands of geneology connections (the farthest relative I could find was a 10th cousin)
I used to have maps and charts all over my bedroom walls.

4. Name one thing about yourself that has surprised you.
I like to speak in public.
I look for opportunities to do public speaking.

5. How did your blog come about?
When we got the diagnosis that Nickolas was going to be born with spina bifida, the medical professionals were so very negative, but the actual spina bifida community was very positive.
Actually seeing what spina bifida looks like... what our life could look like... had a great impact on how we felt about the diagnosis.
I wanted to share our story to help families like us, but also to connect with the whole spina bifida blogging community - and keep family updated in the meantime!

6. If money were no issue, I'd purchase...
A housekeeper.
A dirty house drives me C-R-A-Z-Y! And every time I turn around there is more in my house that is dirty. Someone to clean my house would be wonderful. (And we'll work to make the money for our fun vacations in the meantime)

I would be very interested to see how 2 of my blogging cousins would answer...
So Jim... Rob....
And Amberly because she is newer to the blogging world and it's fun.

2 comments:

  1. I'm flattered that you think that my writing skills are a match for Alice's, but that blog is clearly just her. Since it's her blog, I'll answer here (sorry if I'm being a spoil sport).

    1. Is this how you imagined your life would be?
    I never imagined that my life would be this awesome.

    2. What's your drink of choice when out with girlfriends?
    Girlfriends? Uhh...
    Realistically I'd say coffee or beer. Ideally I'd say chilled coconut milk (served in the nut) on a beach somewhere. You know, the usual.

    3. What hobbies do you have that you don't mention in your blog?
    I think that Alice has many hobbies she has not mentioned online. I'm not sure what they are because I don't have the security clearance to know.

    4. Name one thing about yourself that has surprised you.
    My surprising good looks, my inability to mentally age past 12 years old, and my poor math skills.

    5. How did your blog come about?
    Alice wanted to relate her adventures abroad and felt that the world would be a better place having access to her ruminations.

    6. If money were no issue, I'd purchase...
    A spaceship.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love tea! Ooooh, I would love to pick through your tea cupboard. I never would've guessed that you tracked family trees, that's really cool.

    ReplyDelete