A Journey with Love and Laughter

Read about our family as we journey through life as a family, with siblings, school and spina bifida, and lots of fun and laughter along the way!

Saturday, September 14, 2013

That's my boo boo?

We were going around the house and looking at pictures today and Nick stopped at this one


He said, that's Katheryn, and that's me. Is that the boo boo on my back?
And it was like he just realized. Because of course he can't see his back so he has no idea what it looks like. Other than this abstract idea that there was a boo boo there.

Why is it there mommy?

We've talked about it before, and I'm sure we will talk about it again.

Me: Nick, when you were born you had a hole on your back. And that doctors fixed it and left this scar
Nick: Yes and that's my boo boo
Me: That is the scar from your boo boo. It is all fixed now.
Nick: And that is my scar. When will it go away?
Me: Well, it won't go away. It will always be there.
Nick: OK. When I was in the hospital you are Katheryn were there?


Why was I in the hospital?
Was I a baby?
Was Katheryn there?



When he was asking questions, Katheryn piped in.
Because you had a hole in your back when you were born.

I'm glad he's asking questions.
Just hope I'm answering them right!

No comments:

Post a Comment