A Journey with Love and Laughter

Read about our family as we journey through life as a family, with siblings, school and spina bifida, and lots of fun and laughter along the way!

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Good-bye 2011

It's amazing how far we have come!

Good-bye 2011.
You gave us a year of worry and excitement, you showed us triumph and tears.
You gave us miracles and you left us with only memories.
I don't know if I am happy you are gone or glad that you brought us so much.

I gave you a family who was waiting to show off what we could do,
And you gave me shunt scares and standing, worry and waiting,
You brought us equipment and encouragement,
You gave us a 3 year old, and a 2 year old (both great years by the way),
You helped us settle into working life, scheduling and appointments,
You tried to make me patient and show me what is worth waiting for,
You showed us what patience will produce and that timelines don't matter,
You gave us time for family and memories and fun.

Thank you for the Love, Laughter and Living!


Click to play this Smilebox scrapbook
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Create your own free digital scrapbook

There were so many pictures that I wanted to include!

And I'm sure I'm forgetting some pivotal moment in my recollection of the year, but I don't know what it is - or don't want to recall it. Hope you enjoyed our year in review and I look forward to what 2012 will bring us (except for the registering for kindergarten part).

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your story. Thank you for having 2 cute and wonderful children

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I can't believe how much he's grown up this past year! Such a baby at the start, such a little boy at the end. And I love all the matching outfits ;)

    ReplyDelete