A Journey with Love and Laughter

Read about our family as we journey through life as a family, with siblings, school and spina bifida, and lots of fun and laughter along the way!

Friday, January 13, 2012

A big purchase

We make a very exciting purchase for Nick this week!


I've decided that it is time to start to cath Nick on the potty.
This will hopefully transition into a routine that will get him out of diapers.

After the disastrous Tweed experience last month I thought it was time to get off the change table.
I'd tried him on the potty a couple of months ago, but Nick's balance was still off and I just couldn't maneuver everything and couldn't figure out the proper logistics. I did talk to OT in June about something to help, but what we were shown was not what I had in mind at all. The flamingo toilet system - it was big and bulky and a piece of equipment I didn't think we needed.
I'm still on the lookout for something very simple - but somehow I can't find it (a little kid toilet set with handles).


But while we are at home, Nick now has his very own potty!
Except that this picture is of him on Katheryn's potty - oops. Nick picked out the cars potty - complete with a revving engine noise!
We've been cathing him on it all this week - so far so good!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, fun!! See? This is why I need you! I wouldn't have thought about potties or anything for ages if I didn't have you to poke me and tell me to start thinking that way. Let me know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete