A Journey with Love and Laughter

Read about our family as we journey through life as a family, with siblings, school and spina bifida, and lots of fun and laughter along the way!

Monday, March 26, 2012

Picture Perfect

Recently another mother Jill seemed to read my mind. If you haven't already seen everyone sharing her post - please take a minute and read it here.

I wake up every morning knowing how lucky I am and how blessed I am to be where I am today. I know that sounds super mushy. And life isn't perfect, anything but some days. Its not supposed to be - how boring would that be?!


The purpose of my blog is to share the great things that are happening in our lives – and the lousy things too. It is to share my thoughts and it is also to become something greater, part of a larger community. When we first got the diagnosis that something was going to be different online sources helped me to realize what life would be like with spina bifida. Yes there are tough times, and happy times but mostly there are just living times.




It's like when you are having a conversation with an acquaintance about something, and then it comes out that you have a child that was born with spina bifida. This happened to me alot this past week when I was doing a breastfeeding workshop and sharing some of my experiences.
I very often have someone say "I'm sorry" or "I don't know if I could do that". No worries, don't be sorry, and you don't have to know you can do something. It just happens, you just do it.

I love writing, I write the blog and I have journals that I started the day I found out I was pregnant with Katheryn. I feel so creative when I'm writing, like I'm actually doing something. And I’ve always wanted to write a book. I enjoy reading other books and I knew I had the material to write something myself. So this month I decided to start.

Reliving and writing my thoughts of the diagnosis, the birth, those first few weeks. It reminds me how very far I have come and how I really wish I knew how happy our life is.


You know how sometimes the best pictures, your favorite pictures aren't the ones where everyone has their best 'cheese fries' face on. It is the grumpy faces, the funny faces, the unexpected true laughing pictures - those are the life pictures.

Well, that's life. Not those perfect moments when everything lines up just how you always wanted it. The best moments are those ones that you don't plan, you don't expect and just sneak up on you. And turn out to picture perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment