This semester of conductive education we are the only ones in the group. Which means that we have lost some of the group aspects that I like.
But it also means that I was able to bring Katheryn with us on one of the days she wasn't in daycare.
So Nickolas created his own little group.
The theme this week was learning about a dentist. Look at that concentration! I wish he spent this much time brushing his own teeth!
It was obviously a tongue-out kind of day.
Lots of thinking (and working)
One of the newest things we have been doing is getting Nickolas to walk between 2 of the plinths holding a rope.
The rope (of course) is not as stable as a table or chair (or walker) and it gives Nickolas that support he feels he needs while also getting him to work on his balance.
Katheryn really just wanted to do a puppet show.
She had us sit as an audience (and of course Nick had to walk to our seats - with his 'sticks') and she did a little show.
Then to top it all off, Nick decided that he really did want to walk in his walker - all the way down the hall and around the corner - almost to the front door!
We've signed up for the summer session of conductive education.
We had originally planned on attending the parent/child session for kids under 3. But Abigail thinks that he is ready for the older group. So in July Nickolas will be attending by himself in the 3-8 years group.
They think that it will be a great fit for him with kids who are doing the same things that he is doing.
I am a little nervous about leaving him. But I know it will be good for him.
Hope it'll be good for mommy too!