A Journey with Love and Laughter

Read about our family as we journey through life as a family, with siblings, school and spina bifida, and lots of fun and laughter along the way!

Monday, May 10, 2010

Thank you to a great grandma!

Thank you to my grandma and my kids great grandma!
My grandmother passed away May 2. Olive Phillips, she lived a very full and loving 86 years. She loved her family and she loved her great-grandkids (she has 7). Nickolas is her youngest great grandchild. 

She didn't always remember that Nickolas had spina bifida but she was a proud supporter of everything he did. When I talked to her about the Spina Bifida Walk - the Spirit Wheel Walk Run, she was the first person to pull out her wallet and donate. When I talked to her about banking Nickolas' cord blood, she gave us the money so we could do that, and hopefully have a use for it in the future.

Nickoals is a big baby, and he is hard to carry around. But grandma would hold him, and they would sit in the chair and stare at each other. That is how I will remember grandma. I thought I had a more recent picture, but this is grandma when Nickolas was 2 weeks old.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry for your loss Amanda. That picture of them is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete