A Journey with Love and Laughter

Read about our family as we journey through life as a family, with siblings, school and spina bifida, and lots of fun and laughter along the way!

Monday, July 19, 2010

Having a Sit-In

We saw PT today and she couldn't say enough about how well Nickolas is doing, and how much he has improved. He is definately in some kind of spurt. Not only has he grown 3 cm in one month, but just in a week I can actually see him sitting up straighter and having more confidence in himself!

He sat like this for almost an hour - without toppling, just lifting his arms a bit and playing with his toy. I was actually sitting behind him incase he fell (Kyle took this picture and I am right outside of the frame). I cannot even put to words how happy I am that he is doing this! Yay - Go Nickolas!!!

Kim (our PT) always says that it isn't really anything that she is doing - but it is the work that we are doing at home. We are still working on trunk control, and sitting on the big bouncy yoga ball (latex free), and sitting in the corner chair. He is cognitively problem solving and interacting with toys and just growing up so much in the last couple of months!


Here is a picture I took of him last week (July 13) when he started sitting up (and not toppling over), wearing his blue pj's. Then compare it to the picture that I took of him yesterday (July 18). You can actually see that he is sitting up better and not sitting so far forward. - It's not just me, you can actually see where his arms are.


I have a video as well, but I'm not sure how it will load - but here you go.

1 comment:

  1. OMG!! He is sitting up so well!! Way to go Nickolas! What a superstar that little boy of yours is. :D And oh, man. When he smiled in that video, I melted.

    ReplyDelete