A Journey with Love and Laughter

Read about our family as we journey through life as a family, with siblings, school and spina bifida, and lots of fun and laughter along the way!

Sunday, October 26, 2014

Under(sewer)cover for Halloween

Ever since I have been doing Halloween costumes for Nick, I wanted to have something for his wheelchair as well as his walker. Nick has been very specific that he wants to do Halloween in his walker this year, but I still wanted a wheelchair costume for Nick.
So I wouldn't do anything big, but something fun.

This is my inspiration.


So I would make a sewer grate.
Easy right?

Espeically when I found a guide! http://www.thescrapshoppeblog.com/2013/09/diy-1-manhole-cover.html

I got some foam and some sticky letters. I glued the foam down on the cake pan.


When I covered it in foil, the NYC SEWER didn't stick up high enough. So I did it again.


 I wasn't too sure about the painting, or my painting abilities.
But it doesn't actually  need to be neat or anything.


Overall, with some trial and error it took a couple of hours to get this. It should be able to withstand any rain if we have it, Nick really likes that he is sitting under a sewer grate.


The walker costume will be coming soon!

1 comment:

  1. That looks great! Can't wait to see the rest.

    ReplyDelete