A Journey with Love and Laughter

Read about our family as we journey through life as a family, with siblings, school and spina bifida, and lots of fun and laughter along the way!

Thursday, July 10, 2014

New Braces!!!

It was time for new braces again!
I asked for another orthodics appointment in May because I felt that they just weren't high enough any more. After our appointment in December when they said he still had growth, I wasn't sure if I had to make my case or not. But there wasn't any problem this time.
 
As usual I came all prepared with what design I... I mean Nick, wanted.
He has been on a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle kick lately, especially Michaelangelo ("my favorite colour") so I found a whole bunch of different options and Nick got to pick what he wanted.
 

There was no question about what colour to do the background (after the while background of our backyardigan braces I also specify something)
They came out fantastic!


Nick started showing off as soon as they were on him.
He stood there (bum not touching), and stood there... and stood there....


And he is standing so much straighter!


We have a wearing schedule right now (1 hour on, 1 hour off, then 2 hours on, 2 hours off) for a bit until he gets used to them.


Nick wanted a picture of all of his old braces


I think he has grown a bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment