A Journey with Love and Laughter

Read about our family as we journey through life as a family, with siblings, school and spina bifida, and lots of fun and laughter along the way!

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Photo Time!

I was looking over some of my favorite blogs - I have a bunch - and saw some naked pics taken of a 3 month old cutie - and I was inspired!
Out come the sheets, the towels, the camera and the smiles! (Not that the smiles ever go away!)

Here are some of my favorites:

Having Fun! - and look at that tooth!

Happy to be 'free'


ALL SMILES!!!

I wanted pictures that do not hide away from his scar. It is part of who he is - not that I want to showcase it. Wait a minute. I DO want to showcase it. His scar is just one testimonial of the surgeries and struggles that he has overcome in a short 9 months.

A website I've been on, I can't remember but I think it sells SB related jewelry, has a picture of her child sitting on a beach. It is a bum picture and at first you are shocked by the large scar, and then you think, wait a minute. This isn't something to hide.

So here is my baby boy! In all his glory!!!

5 comments:

  1. So I just came across your blog today AND I just posted pictures of our son's scar today as well. We have Beckett who is almost 2 months old who was also born with Spina Bifida. Just another mommy doing some blogging about life and my sweet little guy and our daughter, Paisley.

    Nickolas is a sweetheart and I LOVE seeing him in "all his glory!"

    Meghan
    ~journeywiththecrosiers.blogspot.com~

    ReplyDelete
  2. just so cute, I love how blond his hair is in these pics...looks bleached from the sun.
    and yes love the scar picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! I posted Jet's scar picks back in March sometime I think and they are so special to me - I even have a trio of them hanging in my stairway in black and white and I look at it every day and think "man, he's beautiful."

    ReplyDelete