A Journey with Love and Laughter

Read about our family as we journey through life as a family, with siblings, school and spina bifida, and lots of fun and laughter along the way!

Friday, August 27, 2010

Boys Clothes

I never realized how clothes-lucky I was having a girl first. Even for the first 6 months I didn't really know what other mom's were talking about when they said that the selection for boy clothes sucked.
Then I started looking for something that would fit Nickolas now, that was cute, not striped, not plaid, didn't have any weird characters or faces on the front and would go with a blue and red dress that I had for Katheryn. Simple right? Not so much.

The boy selection, which takes up the little tiny corner of the girls section that isn't being used has either stripes, plaid, faces, characters or is white. Seriously.

I've gone to multiple stores but just can't seem to find what I'm looking for. I guess that's why moms like shopping, I just wish I could find something! Not that I don't bring clothes home... The closet has lots of stripe shirts, some tigger things and a couple of plaids. I'm trying to stay away from onesies for the next little while because Nick gets too hot without the ability to pull up his shirt (Katheryn did too - but the ditropan just makes it worse).

Not only was I lucky with Katheryn with the selection of girl clothes, but my teeny, tiny little girl hardly grows out any clothes before I get bored with them. She can still fit in 6-12 month shorts!! Only now she's sprouting up and getting too big for some of her dresses - out come those shorts and we have another outfit!

I am currently refusing to buy Katheryn anything smaller than a 2. Sure it's a bit big, but now it's length we are looking at.
We don't usually grow out of anything without wearing it a LOT of times!

This is showing Katheryn's 'sad face' when we find something that doesn't fit her anymore.




Talking about sizes , I decided to pull out the big guns today when I was shopping. No little 12-18 month clothes for my 9 month old. I don't think so. We are heading straight to the 18-24 months, even a peak at 2 year old sizes.

This is how I've been trying to get away with some 12 month clothes:


OK I love the belly, I really, really do - but it might be time to put this one away.
And while I'm at it, I guess this one needs to go too


So what does 18-24 months get us? Well, first we get to skip the fight over the head and protecting the shunt. And of course all they have is more cute stripes, but here we go:


Wow a shirt that actually fits...
Lets see how long that lasts!

3 comments:

  1. I totally feel you! I have to hunt and peck for cute clothes for Charlie, and still find my self begging for boys clothes in a sea of cute girl things. And, he is growing so big so fast, this whole "month" size thing is about to go out the window. At three months he is absolutely filling out his 6 month clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BOY clothes...yuck! I don't think I ever left a store without something for Paisley; Beckett not so much! I just want cute colors (I'd even be okay with stripes or plaid), but everything has to be sports related. Really???? He's not even 2 months old, he really doesn't care about basketball, football, baseball and may never care. Guess we just should start designing our own cute boy clothes!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, I am so glad I have TWO girls! Even now, I will walk into a store, head directly for the boys section planning on getting something for King and find myself somehow, longingly flipping through dresses and skorts instead. So much cuter. I've been in love with one piece rompers for the summer, but not sure what in the world to dress him in for winter. Is it weird that I'm still afraid of waist bands?

    ReplyDelete