A Journey with Love and Laughter

Read about our family as we journey through life as a family, with siblings, school and spina bifida, and lots of fun and laughter along the way!

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Bippity Boppity Boo!

A couple of weekends ago, we spent a lot of time making Nick's Halloween costume, the jolly walker and his jolly wheeler. Katheryn was very excited and wanted to help.
By the end of the day she said she had changed her mind about what she wanted to be for Halloween (and what she has wanted to be for months). She said instead of Cinderella, she wanted to be a pirate.

I realized that spending all the time making something for Nickolas made Katheryn feel left out. So we decided to make her a carriage.

Today all 4 of us were home sick, so it was the perfect time to start.


Again, I started with an idea in my head (and attempted to put it on paper)


 I collected what I thought I would need for supplies


And of course I had my model


I trialed a couple of ideas to get what I had in my mind.
To get the circle of Cinderella's carriage, I wanted it to be light, portable and use what we had without a lot of glue or anything.


Katheryn was excited to help and model as I worked (for about 20 minutes)


Once I got the shape, I could do the final decorating


And we were done!


It's not a pumpkin, but I think it's going to work well
 

I don't actually think she's going to carry to umbrella... I mean carriage ... around on Halloween night, but I hope it makes her happy that she has her very own Cinderella carriage.

1 comment: