A Journey with Love and Laughter

Read about our family as we journey through life as a family, with siblings, school and spina bifida, and lots of fun and laughter along the way!

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

School Routine

I'm trying to start a new routine with Nickolas
In the morning we take Katheryn to the bus stop (Kyle, Katheryn, Nickolas, Sammie and me) - Nick is in his wheelchair.
But I want to build endurance with Nickolas in his walker,
So in the afternoons we are taking out the walker
 

Nick is getting distracted very easily
And we are taking our time


In the last 4 weeks we get about a quarter of the way to the bus stop (uphill)


Nickolas is having a lot of fun doing it
And really feels that he is accomplishing something


I am so proud of him and how much he is trying!
I am always cheering him on - and so is Katheryn when she meets back up with us

The progress is slower than what I want
And I try to remind myself that Nickolas doesn't work on my timeline

No comments:

Post a Comment